Highlight to my day...
Okay, well this is one of the blogs that you'll just have to imagine a pic for me...I wanted to find a good picture of a nun singing - but well - I wasn't quite finding what I was looking for. I wanted this pic as a visual for you - only because as many of you are aware - I always joke saying I'm going to become a nun and where I was at - it all fits perfect. Anyways....
This little story may be cheesy - but for a single girl - it was a highlight to my day and it just made me appreciate a nice compliment - haha - and one that I never thought I'd get! Well, I went with my friend, Chad, to his church Sunday night. He goes to a Catholic Church and helps with their youth program on Sunday nights. He was really excited for me to come because it was a special night where they just spend some time at the altar together praying. He told me it usually is a pretty powerful moment. So it was a fun evening and interesting at that for me because I had never been to a Catholic Mass before. It was neat I guess just being a part of that and trying to understand a new "culture". We attended the regular Sunday night Mass and then it went into the "Life Teen" night after that. Well, to get to the point....it came to the time of the "adoration" part of the evening. We all went to the front of the church at the altar and knelt down before it. The lighting was a very low lighting and there were a lot of candles...it was pretty cool because it just made things that much more intimate between you and God. We sang a few praise and worship songs throughout the evening and the Priest would also give some reflecting thoughts through it. It was pretty powerful. Imagine a whole bunch of young people gathered together at an altar praying and just worshipping together. Well...after we were done - this guy who was kneeling next to me - turns to me and says, "You have such a beautiful voice. It was great being able to pray next to you tonight. Thanks for making my time so enjoyable. I'm really glad that I got to pray with you." WOW!! How many times does that happen?! I mean seriously! It's not everyday you get someone complimenting you like that! So we introduced ourselves to eachother and then went on our way. It just made me realize how much a nice compliment can make a person feel. I mean, he could have easily said nothing - and it would have been fine...but he did take the time to say something and it just gave me a little boost. I guess it was cool because I felt like I was really singing my heart out that night - so after I thought about it later, I had hoped I wasn't too loud in singing...haha. But as I told Chad later that evening...I loved being a part of their adoration service because it was something similar to that I had been desiring to do. I've had this vision of just wanting to be at a church with just candles lit and just taking the moment and time to just worship - to give it all you've got. So for me - this was just what I needed - and what a great time it was! haha - so anyways -the next time you're singing your heart out for God - you never know who else may be touched by your singing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home