Sunday, January 08, 2006

Youth Group


Within the past couple of months, it was made clear to me that one of the directions God was moving me to was to come back to my home church. It has been a great blessing and challenge in so many ways. Well, I have joined in becoming one of the leaders for the youth group and this past weekend we had a lock-in. We started our adventure with some time bowling and then ended up at the church for an evening of just hanging out and having fun with an unexpected event. Well, let me just say that the kids were determined to stay up all night - so I managed to stay up with them and we were all in our fellowship room laying on the floor with our sleeping bags in a circle telling stories (and this was about 4:30 am) when one of the girls said, "It smells like something is burning". I thought "great." Well, sure enough - as we walked around it became evident that something did smell like it was burning or there was a strong smell of gas. To make a long story short - the furnace of the church went out and we believe it was carbon monoxide coming through the church. So, our youth group lock in was cancelled, kids were sent home and they were disappointed because we were so close into making it all night of staying up. But I can guarantee that as soon as they got home, I'm sure they fell asleep. :) So it made for an interesting evening but overall it was a lot of fun. I'm just so thankful that we got out of there safely - because things could have been a lot worse.

3 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natalie Crew,
I just have to say that I love the world of blogs because I keep finding people who I haven't heard from in years.
I saw your name on someone else's blog and I was so excited. I remember you as one of the sweetest people at IWU. Please check out my website and let me know how you are!

 
At 1:54 AM, February 03, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Natalie. We were just with Justin and Lindsay last weekend and we were looking through the notebook of picd u put together for them. Such great pictures. It was great catching up just a bit at their wedding. Glad to find your blog! Check ours out too. www.freedhouse.blogspot.com
Also, email me sometime!!!!:) We need to catch up.
dhappyfreed@yahoo.com

 
At 7:21 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger nat said...

Hey Friends!! Thanks for finding me! I'll definitely be in touch - it was a great surprise to hear from you both!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home