Sunday, February 18, 2007

Little painting project...

Around Christmas time, Napoleon's center for Child Advocacy has a fundraiser where local businesses or individual people can donate a decorated Christmas tree and table for an event called "The Symphony of Trees." This was my first year really knowing about it and now being a part of it with Julie (my boss). This is a big event that Julie gets into - so this year she was designing a french themed tree. Between Julie, her sister and I we painted up this display. It was a lot of work that we pulled off in a couple of days but it turned out pretty fun. I was delighted to be a part of it and of course to dust off my paintbrushes. I was in charge of the tableware, and it was a challenge painting on china and glass because I had never done it before but I really enjoyed it. So some of you talked to me when I was busy doing this project - so I thought I'd share what it came out to be. The outcome - Julie's display was sold for $800. :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home