just some thoughts....
So the other night I was watching this show on Fox and it was something very similar to wife swap - but I forget the name of the Fox version of this show. Anyways - I knew it was going to be pretty amazing because the two ladies they were switching were complete opposites, which I guess makes the drama. The one mother was a hypno-therapist and really into astrology and nature. The other lady was a "Christian" and well, I'll just say she scared me. I guess the show continues on to next week and that's where most of the drama is - and I know this is all probably fake, but at the same time it was disturbing to think this is how people may view Christians. This lady was freaking out about anything relating to the "dark side" which I completely understand...but I think it was the way she was handling the situation. And then, her friends were completely rude to this other lady and asking her all these blunt questions and it just kind of made me wonder....wow, no wonder people are so turned off of Christianity. I mean here were these "Christians" proclaiming to be Christ followers and praying and thanking the Holy Spirit for this and that and just feeling God .... but my question was - if you're so in tune with the Holy Spirit where is your compassion for the lost that are right in front of you? If you happened to catch this show - maybe you'll understand what I'm talking about.
....but then I began to do a gut check on myself.......
Sometimes I wonder how I may turn people away from Christ by my actions or attitudes. It's kind of disturbing really. This past week I have been so irritable, tired & cranky. I feel as though I snubbed people when I shouldn't have...I allowed my defenses to go up when they didn't need to....etc., etc. Then it comes to that point of getting over yourself. Of remembering that it's not about you at all. It's at that moment that you look back and think, "Wow - what could I have done different?" That's one thing in life...we get one shot. Sometimes I really hate that because of realizing of lost opportunities. I can't tell you how many times I feel like I have missed the mark - wishing that if I could back up and rewind a bit - I would say this differently or be bold in this situation or take the time to be of service to someone else. We only get one shot. But at the same time it's a beautiful moment realizing you can grow and change from that moment. Rather than wishing you did something different, you can take it as a challenge & do something different the next time a similar opportunity arises.

1 Comments:
These are some really good thoughts. I know I need to work on my witness sometimes too.
Later, Mary
Post a Comment
<< Home