Monday, October 17, 2005

Road Rage

Okay Friends...this is a quick little note since it's clearly past my bedtime but I wanted to do a quick posting for you avid readers.

So one thing that I've discovered about myself recently is the development of "Road Rage" tendencies I sometimes get. Not so much road rage of wanting to drive the other person off the road - even though sometimes I'd like to, but I guess it's for my impatience I have developed with other drivers. Which is kind of a sad thing...because it never fails that either on my commute to work or on they way home I encounter some crazy driver. I never was one to yell at another car but oh yeah...sometimes I do now. And I'm not sure why because it's not like they can hear me. Oh well. So here are some things I've encountered with fellow drivers....

#1. If the highway is snowy and icy....don't drag race your friends on a major expressway because one or both of you will end up alongside the road. I did see this last winter when 2 cars of high schoolers were racing eachother on the expressway and sure enough I watched as one car went airborne off the road. Smart. Real smart.

#2. Watch out for semi drivers who think they own the road. Yes, there are those who will put up a challenge to you. As I was on a 4 lane road merging into 2 lanes, I was trying to get past a semi when at the moment my lane was ending he decided to excelerate and yeah scared the crap out of me because I thought his engine was coming through my window that's how loud it was so I forfeited because I decided I wanted to live and not die in a head on collision.

#3. Speaking of head on collisions...don't pass cars on a double line on a curve that is headed under a train track overpass....especially if there's no median to get off on. I wasn't trying to pass but saw my life flash before my eyes on that one.

#4. Biggest pet peeve: If you see a car trying to get on the expressway in your lane and if you can merge on over to the left - do it. Don't pretend like you don't see the other car trying to merge on.

#5. If talking on your cell phone takes more concentration then driving - then don't talk or just pull over and talk. Don't drive on the E-way 45 mph when you should be driving 65 mph. I love it when you almost rear end a car because almost miss their exit because they were so focused on their conversation that they fail to look to see what cars they could possibly cut off. Oy!

Well, I guess those are my top 5 lessons to be learned now. Drive safe and happy commuting to those of you who love the morning and evening commutes as much as myself. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home