Thursday, September 15, 2005

piano lessons, anyone?



One of the first things my sister told us about Kaelyn when they spent their first few nights getting aquainted was that she loved music. Anything relating to music she loved and danced to. Well, this picture stands to reason. One of the first times I babysat Kaelyn, I sat down with her at the piano and just played some simple little songs for her and she was so content just sitting there with me as we both tapped the good 'ol ivories around to make music, or well maybe to some...noise. hehe. Well, tonight I had the chance to babysit Kaelyn again and right away she went to the piano and so I sat her up on the bench and she sat there so content playing...and I mean playing. The notes she touched with her tiny hands actually sounded beautiful. It was as if she had a song in mind she wanted to play. She knew how to put her hands on the keys and just would gently move her hands around stoking a few keys in the 5 scale range. I think it's possible we might have a young pianist on the rise...maybe Aunt Natalie should sit down more often with her to start teaching her how to play. In a way this whole thing made me laugh as well because whenever my nephews would go to the piano to "play a song" - it would end up being loud "bang bang bang" on the keys and you'd pretty much have to convince them that as beautiful as it was, the piano needed a rest. haha. But Kaelyn, no banging for her - she sweetly played. :) Maybe that's just the simple difference of boys and girls.

1 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, September 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is the cutest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home