Back in May...
About the third weekend in May, my church sent me to IWU for a youth leader's conference and it ended up being a fun weekend. I learned a lot from the conference, but mostly it was fun just being able to see friends again from campus, and it was also amazing to see how much the campus is growing and changing!! Unbelieveable. One of my dear friends I got to meet up with was Adela. Adela was my boss my sophomore year when I worked with the Student Activities Council and we became great friends as well. It was fun being able to chat with her and just to have some good Adela time again.

Another fun and exciting encounter I had was running into Sarah Beth. Sarah Beth was one of those friends I unfortunately got to know my senior year and it was one of those friendships that I was grateful to have while at IWU. We were in a Bible Study group together and she was a part of the Art Family...a bond in itself. So anyways - she has been on my mind a lot since college and one of those friends I just felt as though maybe I had lost touch with and who knew if I'd ever see her again. Well, sure enough - after a seminar one night -here comes Sarah Beth walking through the student center. She is the RD for Shatford - a place I hold dear to my heart and where I lived for two years - so we got to hang out and just get caught up on life and I also got to meet some future Shatford Leadership and share ideas and stories with them. It was great. I'm so thankful for being able to connect again with Sarah Beth! All I have to say from this little encounter is it's amazing the different paths God takes each of us and the ways He shapes us from our experiences.
I also had the "pleasure" of meeting up with Curfman. As I was strolling through the Art building - I heard a familiar voice and there he was - in the "Mac Lab 2". Yes, my fellow graphics friends - there are two Mac labs now and a 3rd one on the way. Another amazing and very exciting thing to see how the art department is growing and what new changes are being made there as well. So Curfman sends his love and wanted me to tell people that he appreciates the emails but sorry he can't respond to everyone - he gets like 100 a day. I guess if you've gotten a response from him - consider yourself "lucky" - I know I'm not up there on his "email response list" - haha - not that I ever expected to be. But anyways - I won't get into that - but had to show you the pic of his beard - what do you think? I told him I couldn't believe it and I had to have a pic to show people because I know others wouldn't believe it either. Anyways...enjoy the pic!
I also got the chance to drive out to Kokomo to see Josh and Christina. I haven't seen these two probably since graduation. It was nice being able to catch up with them and hear what's going in their lives. It was an expensive trip though - I got my first speeding ticket. And instead of trying to get out of this one - when he asked if there was a reason for my speeding - I said, "yeah I'm on my way to visit some friends I haven't seen since graduation and I'm really excited..." Yeah...good one, Natalie. That will really make him give a warning....instead $126 later here I am telling the story.
So anyways - it was a fun and exciting weekend. As you can see - I am really behind in posting and I do have a lot more pics and info to share - so I guess just continue to stay posted and I'll try to keep updating when I can. It's always great to hear from everyone! Thanks for the comments!

3 Comments:
i totally like curfman with a beard! lol, its cool.
natalie.....the last picture doesn't surprise me in the least!!!!! Someone's going to have to photograph her each month of her pregnancy so we can have proof that she really is fat instead of her just thinking she is. ;)
thanks gina!
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! http://www.gmac-car-loan.info Car seat cover tneenz
Post a Comment
<< Home