my first new friend
On the flight from Atlanta to South Africa, this cool guy by the name of Bola sat behind me. He is originally from Nigeria but currently lives in the states with his wife and 3 kids. He's a Gospel Reggae artist but did some schooling in Germany for graphic design. That's where we made our connection. He showed me his cd covers and how he helped in designing them and we got talking about graphics - so it was a fun little connection. He talked with me about Africa as well and things I could expect. It was great being able to meet him and talking with him - it was one of those fun connections to make. I got one of his cd's and I have to say I am thoroughly impressed. He has a website and if you want to check him out - it's www.bolaadebisi.com To show what a small world we live in - he travels around doing concerts all over. He was actually on his way to perform in Botswana, but after finding out the area our group was from - here to find out- he's performing in a town about 30 minutes away from me coming up! How crazy is that?! So hopefully I'll get to see him again when he comes to town.
This next picture is for Joe. :) Joe was a big fan of me getting my hair braided and I'm talking complete sarcasm now. I was really hesitant on getting my hair braided for the trip - but my friends Steph and Sarah, who were going on the trip as well convinced me to do it. They just assured me how much easier it would be to take care of my hair on the trip and not having to worry about it - so since it was my first mission trip and figured they were probably right, I hesitantly agreed. But Joe about made me want to change my mind after talking with him before I left. :) So anyways - this pic is for you Joe to show you how great I look with braids!! ha! Let me tell you - the boys were stopping me right and left to get my number with this hair-do. haha...okay, well maybe not - but anyways...it was fun while it lasted. It was easier to take care of but I did feel silly with them to be honest. I felt like it just wasn't me. My mom didn't see them until these pics came and yeah she wasn't a fan either. Anyways - here's the braids - think what you want. :)

3 Comments:
Nats,
ohhhh i so want to hear more about africa and see more pics! THe hair looks great by the way!! And that guy's music is kind of fun...hook a sista up with some fun stories sometime! Hope you are well...
enjoyed hearing Bola's music...trust you had a great trip. take care.
glad you had a good time..need more info
Post a Comment
<< Home