Sunday, May 07, 2006

An impacting weekend with the Youth

This past weekend was one of the most fun and impacting weekends I've had in awhile. I along with my pastor and his wife and another youth leader took some kids from our youth group to IWU for their Jr. High conference of "Never To Young." It was so much fun to be back on campus again and mostly to see the kids having fun and getting excited about God. The picture below is of the girls in the group that went (we had one boy that went and he made some friends in the pool and that's where he was at when this picture was taken). They had an open gym night where the kids could go swimming, climb the rock wall, play dodge ball, 3 on 3 basketball tournaments or going on the many inflatable games. Keith Connor was the entertainment and we learned some pretty cool dance moves, and good 'ol Brian Bradford was back giving the messages. Also, I ran into a couple of friends that are on campus working so that was exciting too! I'm really excited about how God worked in the hearts of these kids this weekend and I can't wait to see how things unfold for them.

After we got back home, we had another commitment of meeting up with the local 4-H group to play Bingo at a local nursing home with the residents. It was "amusing" to see some of the kids get out of their comfort zones and some of the residents were adorable.

1 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, April 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home